HLTSS00064 Infection control Skill Set
Australian Food Training Centre have been approved as a provider of this accredited training.
This nationally accredited training provides participants with the skills and knowledge to implement infection prevention and control procedures in their workplace including effective responses to COVID-19 as required for the health care industry.
The skills learnt in ‘COVID Clean’ training are essential for anyone working in a customer-facing role in the following health care businesses:
- Aged care and disability facilities including residential aged care, group homes etc
- Metropolitan, rural and regional areas
By completing this course you will:
- Understand the basis of infection and be introduced to transmission-based pathogens that present as infectious hazards in the workplace (including COVID-19)
- Identify infection hazards and assess risks
- Describe the chain of infection and be provided with an overview of prevention and control methods
- Know how to manage infection-based risk in the workplace
- Follow procedures for managing risks associated with specific hazards
Participants will learn a range of skills including:
- Hand hygiene practices
- Use of personal protective equipment
- Effective surface cleaning
- Appropriate protocols and responses in the event of an incident
- Disposal of contaminated waste
Upon successful completion, you will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for this nationally recognised training in:
- HLTINF001 Comply with Infection Prevention and Control Policies and Procedures
Note: This unit is current from 6th August 2015
‘COVID Clean’ training is supported by the Australian Government and Government of South Australia.
The training is fully online and available in both metropolitan and regional locations.
The training includes a mix of theory, practical study and an assessment.
- Online – Approx. 10 – 12 hours of online education from the convenience of your own home or workplace
- Group – (In-person training upon request)
All our educators are experienced professionals who have significant infection control expertise to teach in this area.
Fees and Conditions
‘COVID Clean’ training is subsidised through the Government of South Australia’s Department of Innovation and Skills:
- Student Enrolment fee: $15.00 per eligible participant
Appropriate computing skills to complete the program using AFTC’s online learning environment AND
This course is funded through the SA Government for participants who:
- Reside or work in SA
- Are an Australian or New Zealand citizen, permanent Australian resident or an eligible visa holder
- Are 16 years or older and not enrolled at school
Visit www.skills.sa.gov.au for eligibility and subsidy criteria or contact the Skills and Employment Info Line on 1800 673 097 for any further assistance.
Now delivering training across the State
Please contact the Australian Food Training Centre on 08 8288 0288 or via our Contact Us page for any further information you may require.